As the clock ticks up to the stroke of midnight on the 31st, it's fun to wager bets on the trends that will shape the up and coming year. Here are the top seven desires I have for sustainability in 2011. What are yours?
- Worldchanging 2011 will become 'the' coffee table book du jour. You'll see it in every home, every library, every doctor's office and it will be made into a movie.
- Urban gardens will sprout up in every home and residence, boasting fresh produce, fresh eggs, and fresh ideas about community.
- Petroleum guzzling vehicles will become a thing of the past. Move over, here come the electrics!
- Local is the only socially acceptable form of economy.
- Degrees are offered in community organizing.
- The magic of Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robbin and Joe Dominguez is taught in every high school classroom in North America.
- Vertical gardens become the norm, not the trend.